Compliance Officer / General Counsel
Founded in 1973, the REYL Group is an independent diversified banking group with offices in Switzerland (Geneva, Zurich, Lugano), Europe (London, Luxembourg, Malta) and the rest of the world (Singapore, Dallas and Dubai). The Group manages assets in excess of CHF 15 billion and employs 210 professionals.
Developing an innovative approach to banking, the Group serves a clientele of international entrepreneurs and institutional investors through its Wealth Management, Corporate & Family Governance, Corporate Advisory & Structuring, Asset Services and Asset Management business lines.
REYL & Cie Ltd is licensed as a bank in Switzerland and performs its activities under the direct control of the independent Swiss Financial Market regulator (FINMA) and the Swiss National Bank (SNB). The REYL Group's subsidiaries are also regulated by the LPCC in Switzerland, the FCA in the UK, the CSSF in Luxembourg, the MFSA in Malta, the MAS in Singapore, the DFSA in Dubai and the SEC in the United States.
The role will fill a number of requirements at the London office. As these positions do not each require a full time hire, the individual will act in legal and compliance.
- Master in Law
- Min. of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of financial industry, including possibly Structured Finance
- Good management of priorities
- Timely and well organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service oriented
- Articulate and synthetic presentational skills
The role has been covered by an existing member of the office who primarily works on corporate finance and structuring, due to increased flow of business and preference to keep roles separate there is the intention to have a compliance officer with no direct business responsibilities.
- Advise the office on all compliance-related matters, such as the regulatory implications of new and existing transactions, new market expansion, resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps, enhancements to the firm’s compliance framework and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate
- Review and corroborate all KYC documents supplied by the business line
- Assist Head Office Compliance in the understanding of any specific business proposed by the business line
- Monitor compliance with relevant law and regulation
- Inform Head Office of any change in the regulation applicable to the London office
- Draft and update internal regulation according to office organization and businesses
- Provide ongoing reports to senior management and Group Head of Compliance on a quarterly basis
- Provide hands-on advice on Compliance-related issues
- Responsible for any audit preparation in connection with compliance matters monitoring compliance responsibilities related to the FCA authorization
- Organize and coordinate compliance training of London employees.
General Counsel activity
The role will provide a dedicated general counsel to the London office in the context of increased deal flow due to amongst other things Structured Finance business build out and general expansion. So far the London office has been served by the parent company in Geneva.
- Review and negotiation of a wide range of legal documentation associated with the activities of the London office and in particular Corporate Advisory & Structuring and Structured Finance transactions
- Working individually or alongside the Legal and Transaction Team on transaction assignments and coordinate when necessary with external counsels
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and support on legal, regulatory or cross-border specific matters
- Provide ongoing reports to senior management and Group Head of Legal on a quarterly basis
- Advise the Bank on general legal, regulatory and contract matters arising from its London based businesses including Wealth Management, Corporate Advisory & Structuring and Structured.