For Asteria - Internship – Quantitative impact analyst
- We are looking for a sustainability quantitative analyst for our team in Geneva. The duration of the internship is three months with the possibility to extend to up to six months.
- Support the team in the development and the maintenance of tools to assess the impact and the sustainability of companies. These tools include our existing quantitative impact measurement methodology, developed together the EPFL in Lausanne, the assessment of the ability of companies to transition and meet the Paris agreement (transition scores), as well as their respective exposure to transition and physical climate risks.
The main activities are:
- Support the implementation of sustainability proprietary metrics into our investment and reporting environment.
- Contribute to build analytics derived from text-based sources (e.g., 10Ks, SBTi, USTPO patent database, etc.), drawing on web-scraping and natural language processing.
- Based on academic and industry research, propose and develop new methodologies aimed at improving the quantitative and systematic measurement of companies’ sustainability profile.
- Master’s degree in economics, mathematics, environmental science, engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced programming in Python.
- Knowledge of the most recent academic developments in environmental sciences (e.g. climate scenarios, transition of physical climate risk), and environmental economics.
- An understanding of financial products and markets with a focus on the sustainable investment space.
- A proven understanding of – and passion for – sustainable and environmental modelling and investing.
- Fluent in English.
- Swiss Residence
- Ability to work in a small, close-knit team, where challenge and reasoned discussion are expected and rewarded.
- Leadership and initiative.
- An analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.